Give me liberty, and give me dinner

Consumers cut driving but not eating, a new Reuters/Zogby poll shows. This is hardly surprising; forced to choose between feeding their SUVs or themselves, most sane people are going to choose their own pie holes, right? What gets me is the poll's assumption that the most obvious way to compensate for high gas prices is by stinting at supper.

Not this consumer. I've got a whole other tier of stupid consuming to eliminate before I start skipping meals, a lengthy list of things to do without at Best Buy, Netflix, Eddie Bauer, Land's End, Barnes & Noble and Lowes. I predict further shrinkage in the retail sector, but not, sadly, in my waistline. Pass the potatoes. I'll make up for it by biking to work -- at such time as I get another job.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Sleuths are only as good as their sidekicks

That ship has sunk

Back to the keyboard -- but it's a new one