From now on, the world is my oyster

I've decided to changed the focus of the blog. Which is to say, I've decided that the whole focus thing is overrated. The crime-fiction theme went well when I was reading a lot of crime fiction, but now that I'm not, whole fortnights go by when I can't think of anything pertinent to say. Clearly, this cannot continue.

Henceforth I'll be writing about whatever I feel like: Politics, the economy, those stupid Mac commercials, Paula Abdul. You name it. And yeah, if I pick up a book worth talking about, I'll hold forth on that too. I've got tepid opinions on most everything, so why hold back? Last time I checked, blogger.com was not charging by the word.

For those of you have purchased lifetime subscriptions, drop me an e-mail and I'll immediately refund your money, at least that portion I've not blown on whores and whiskey. Ha ha. Look, it's not like anybody's reading this anyway. For me, the blog started out as just a way to write something every day, and sort of prime the pump for my fiction writing. This is the easy part; the fiction is hard. But I have to have something to get me tapping on these keys.

So, who's ready for a whole lot of rollicking irrelevence? Think of a cross between gasbag Andy Rooney and giant iguana Robert Novak: in short, just plain fun. Leave a comment and you'll be entered into a drawing for the crappy TV I took downstairs when we bought the flat screen.

Comments

Don't think that nobody's watching ...

Cheers,
Jeff Pierce
Editor, The Rap Sheet

Popular posts from this blog

Sleuths are only as good as their sidekicks

That ship has sunk

Back to the keyboard -- but it's a new one